NDEC Family
Hey, Welcome Back...
NDEC Family
Hey, Welcome Back...
NDEC Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Similar topics

Welcome Guest. Please Register and keep visiting.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Executive Committees
Executive Committee 2009
Executive Committee 2008
Executive Committee 2007
Latest topics
» Mr. Nirjhar Adhikary resigned as Moderator of NDEC on DEC 8, 2010
Writing With Power: Mastering the Writing Process I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 11:41 pm by TANViR

» Please add the name of NDEC founder members
Writing With Power: Mastering the Writing Process I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 11:34 pm by TANViR

» saying hi
Writing With Power: Mastering the Writing Process I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 1:19 am by TANViR

» Executive Committee 2009
Writing With Power: Mastering the Writing Process I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 1:23 am by sayem08

» Best Executive Committee
Writing With Power: Mastering the Writing Process I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 8:31 am by TANViR

» Who is next ?
Writing With Power: Mastering the Writing Process I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 12:19 am by TANViR

» Latest news of club
Writing With Power: Mastering the Writing Process I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 5:41 am by TANViR

Top posters
TANViR (366)
Writing With Power: Mastering the Writing Process I_vote_lcapWriting With Power: Mastering the Writing Process I_voting_barWriting With Power: Mastering the Writing Process I_vote_rcap 
CHAiTY (203)
Writing With Power: Mastering the Writing Process I_vote_lcapWriting With Power: Mastering the Writing Process I_voting_barWriting With Power: Mastering the Writing Process I_vote_rcap 
ornithologist_ (170)
Shimanto (31)
Observer (18)
Judge-master (10)
adel1058 (9)
English Man (5)
iftekhar pavel (4)
Matador (3)
NDEC Reading Room
Online Newspapers

Writing With Power: Mastering the Writing Process

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ornithologist_

ornithologist_

Male
Club Id : 1907034
College Roll : 6072079

Writing With Power: Mastering the Writing Process Empty
PostSubject: Writing With Power: Mastering the Writing Process   Writing With Power: Mastering the Writing Process I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 1:23 am

Writing With Power: Mastering the Writing Process Ziw0ea

Whatever your reason for writing, Peter Elbow has a "recipe" to guide you. A longtime proponent of "freewriting" (writing without stopping, for a preset amount of time), Elbow incorporates its use in a variety of ways. Have a limited amount of time? Spend half of it freewriting and half of it cleaning up your prose. Got all the time in the world (and only a vague sense of what you want to say)? Freewrite, then focus, then freewrite, then focus, repeatedly, until you get "a trustworthy vision of your final piece of writing." Elbow offers a plethora of prompts for priming the creative pump, as well as several ways to revise the piece of writing that results: thorough revising, revising with feedback, cutting and pasting, proofreading, and the like. He pays close attention to the ways in which focusing on an audience can assist or interfere in the writing process, including a terrific chapter on the strangeness of writing for teachers, in which "your task is usually to explain what you are still engaged in trying to understand to someone who understands it better." And he provides an excellent section on how to solicit the kind of feedback you want. Though it is a new edition of a 1981 book, there is nothing tired about Writing with Power: it provides many tools to help a writer feel empowered throughout the writing process. --Jane Steinberg

Review
"Students for the first time are excited about being able to transform their thoughts into clear language with a new found confidence."--Alan Dernalowicz, Mount Wachusett Community College

Praise for the previous edition: "Page after page, chapter after chapter, Peter Elbow gives direct and down-to-earth advice for beginning writers."--Teachers and Writers

"A practical handbook for anyone who needs to write."--The Boston Globe

"A valuable aid for those who need to write who are hindered by lack of tools needed to successfully complete such a task on a day-to-day basis."--Gary Douglas, WITC

# 416 pages
# Publisher: Oxford University Press, USA; 2 edition (July 9, 1998)
# Language: English
# ISBN-10: 0195120183
# ISBN-13: 978-0195120189

Click here to download.
Back to top Go down
http://www.britishcouncil.org
CHAiTY
Support Team
 Support Team
CHAiTY

Female
Club Id : N/A
College Roll : N/A

PostSubject: Re: Writing With Power: Mastering the Writing Process   Writing With Power: Mastering the Writing Process I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 2:41 am

Great info & Thanks TS ................(416) swoon THAT SURE IS LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!!! Sleep
Back to top Go down
ornithologist_

ornithologist_

Male

PostSubject: Re: Writing With Power: Mastering the Writing Process   Writing With Power: Mastering the Writing Process I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 1:41 am

Nothing to do dear....if you want to be a good writer, work hard. read the 416 pages !! :$ Wink
Back to top Go down
TANViR
Support Team
 Support Team

Male
Club Id : 1907072
College Roll : 6074075
Executive Committee Post : General Secretary 2007

PostSubject: Re: Writing With Power: Mastering the Writing Process   Writing With Power: Mastering the Writing Process I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 3:40 am

Surely it will take 416 days to read for me ( maybe more). Just take time, but be perfect.

I'll get it TS
Back to top Go down
http://www.www.ndecforum.co.cc
ornithologist_

ornithologist_

Male

PostSubject: Re: Writing With Power: Mastering the Writing Process   Writing With Power: Mastering the Writing Process I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 12:40 am

Good. lemme know how the book is.... I'm not gonna try that for gods sake !
Back to top Go down
TANViR
Support Team
 Support Team

Male

PostSubject: Re: Writing With Power: Mastering the Writing Process   Writing With Power: Mastering the Writing Process I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 2:04 am

OK lol!
Back to top Go down
CHAiTY
Support Team
 Support Team
CHAiTY

Female

PostSubject: Re: Writing With Power: Mastering the Writing Process   Writing With Power: Mastering the Writing Process I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 4:45 pm

tanvir wrote:
Surely it will take 416 days to read for me ( maybe more). Just take time, but be perfect.

I'll get it TS

416 days...........1 page per day smak
THAT IS LIKE MORE THAN 1 YEAR (well, maybe 1 week more) mock
At least I'll to complete within 6 months (at least, HOPE SO) Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
TANViR
Support Team
 Support Team

Male

PostSubject: Re: Writing With Power: Mastering the Writing Process   Writing With Power: Mastering the Writing Process I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 6:04 am

Best of luck chaity TS
Back to top Go down
CHAiTY
Support Team
 Support Team
CHAiTY

Female

PostSubject: Re: Writing With Power: Mastering the Writing Process   Writing With Power: Mastering the Writing Process I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 3:44 am

THANKS!!! I REALLY NEEDED IT FOR INSPIRATION Razz Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Writing With Power: Mastering the Writing Process   Writing With Power: Mastering the Writing Process I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Writing With Power: Mastering the Writing Process
Page 1 of 1